We are all aware of the rising rate of air pollution and how it has impacted the world as a whole, yet we continue to turn a blind eye towards a very worrying issue that has only served to add to the problem. Pollution is an issue in India all year, but it is particularly awful in the fall and winter that's why Photo becho is inviting you to participate in this contest and to help us change the perception of our country as one engulfed in continuous haze and pollution, one of the most polluted on the planet. With your Content (Photos/ Videos), you can help us build an image of transformation. Help us inspire optimism by sending us photographs of an India that reflect what the country should aspire to as a result of its air pollution management policies and initiatives.
How to enter the contest
- Sign up on Photobecho and upload your Content (Photos/ Videos) with a description about how you feel about air pollution along with relevant hashtags.
- Use the hashtag #photobechocontest.
- All professional and amateur photographers, regardless of age or gender, are eligible to enter the competition.
- Contestants from all over the world are welcome to enter.
- Entrants are allowed to submit as much content (Photos/ Videos) as they want (the more the merrier)
- For the cash price, only high-quality images will be chosen.
- The deadline to enter the competition is December 12th, 2021.
- Entries received after the deadline will be disqualified.
What kind of Content (Photos/ Videos) to upload?
- Capture pictures that are both motivating and innovative.
- A striking difference between a scene in India with and without pollution. These "before and after" pairs will be treated as a single submission.
- A taste of fresh air in a bustling Indian city.
- Inspiring shot of India's pure air outside of cities.
- Participants will be selected by our panel of experts
- Approved content of the selected participants will be notified by email
- Content (Photos/ Videos) (Photos/ Videos) will be judged by the Panel on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to waste.
Prizes & Recognition
There are two Cash Prizes for the participants :
- MOST APPROVED UPLOADED CONTENT : The contestant with the maximum number of approved uploads and the most distinctive content will receive a cash prize of Rs 1000
- MOST POPULAR IMAGE : The second cash prize will be awarded to the contestant whose content would have the most likes. Contestants are allowed to share their content with their friends and family.
- The winner will be announced on Photo Becho's official Instagram account, so be sure to follow us @photobecho
The winner will be chosen by our team of experts and professionals.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared
- Content (Photos/ Videos) that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization like cropping, spotting for dust, reasonable adjustments to exposure, colour and contrast, etc will be disqualified.
- Participants will be asked to provide the following information while submitting their pictures - Title of the photo | Caption: Describe what we see, where it was taken and the story behind the photograph | Category etc.
- Content (Photos/ Videos) will be judged by the Panel on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to waste.
- Participants must not submit work obtained from other sources such as free image websites or public domain, or incorporate such work into your submissions
- Participants should not embed their own watermark, website name, or copyrights in their Content (Photos/ Videos). We protect your content with our own watermark, which is applied when your content is accepted to our site.
- Photo Becho reserves the right to use the selected pictures submitted for contest.